Sunday, January 17, 2010

Making the most out of Samples!

You may notice a lot of buzz about free samples lately, not just on my blog but on a lot of others as well. And you may be thinking "it's just a little sample, it won't do me any good, so I won't get it", however samples can really last you a long time if you put them to good use! As an example, I got a free facial from Clarins (all natural facial products, sold at Macy's and Dillard's) a while back, and along with my facial they gave me 2 samples of their amazing products. I got this facial back in November and was given a .5 oz sample of their face wash, and I am still not out of it. You barely need any to lather up and wash your entire face, so it has lasted me a full 2 months, and I still have a few more weeks worth in the bottle. As a result, I haven't had to buy any face wash since November, saving me at least $4/grocery trip!

Another one that is one of my favorites is Aveda Rosemary Mint Body/Hand Wash. I received a sample of this (4 oz.) back in October, and just ran out right after Christmas. So 2 months of not having to buy body wash which saves me at least $5/grocery trip and that's just if I was buying Nivea or another less expensive brand.

This may seem like only a small amount of savings, but remember every dollar counts, and eventually those dollars add up to a lot of savings! My dad picks up pennies off the ground, and I used to think that was crazy until I saw the jar of coins he had saved up (about $40 worth). That's $40 we wouldn't have had if he wasn't keeping an open eye and performing such a simple task!

For those of you who are new to couponing, just keep stocking up on these little freebies and eventually you'll realize you haven't had to pay for body wash or face wash or whatever else you may have stocked up on in a really long time! I won't have to buy lotion for at least 2 years now because of all the lotion freebies I've gotten.

Another small but great thing is whenever you go to certain fast food chains (and some sit down restaurants), you will notice on the bottom or back of your receipt that there is a survey you can take and in turn you will receive a free item (Wendy's does free frosties and free burgers, Sonic does free route 44 drinks, Taco Bueno does free burritos, etc). This is GREAT for when you just want a small meal for free, or if you forget to take your lunch to work, and can save you LOTS of money! I had a string of the Sonic surveys at one time, I got around 7 in a row, that's a savings of around $14!! Plus, I didn't waste any gas because I got them on my way home.

As a reminder, you can sign up at Kohls.com with only your email address and they will send you a $5 off any $5 or more purchase coupon! I used these a lot back in September and got my son a lot of free toys for his birthday!!

All of these things can save you lots of money, and they add up to some really great savings!!

No comments:

Post a Comment